What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
Provide supervision and direct oversight to company contractors and ATI personnel. Evaluate line stations to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures. Perform frequent visits to domestic stations to ensure workforce scheduling, training and supporting functions are maintained in accordance with company objectives. Monitor aircraft maintenance procedures at individual stations to ensure safety and reliability goals are consistently exceeded. Able to fill in for the Manager of Outbase Maintenance or other management staff. This position will provide direct on-sight reporting to the Manager Outbase Maintenance and Director of Maintenance.
- Provide direct supervision and oversight of assigned Station Supervisors and assigned ATI station personnel or company contractors in their area of responsibility.
- Perform periodic evaluations of all domestic line stations and personnel to ensure compliance with FAR’s, company manuals, and documents.
- Conduct semiannual audits of all domestic line stations to ensure adequate personnel, support equipment, tooling, technical literature, and inventories are available and properly utilized.
- Perform random evaluations of maintenance procedures to ensure proper utilization of issued technical equipment.
- Evaluate training needs of maintenance personnel and provide direct feedback to the Domestic Line Maintenance Manager. Provide training in areas of qualification.
- Perform monthly Quality Verification Inspections on assigned aircraft to ensure inspections and maintenance are being performed IAW technical references and company standards.
- Review all maintenance delays occurring at assigned stations to ensure personnel, equipment, and training levels are not deficient.
- Ensure all personnel assigned maintain proper communication with all internal and external departments and entities of operational concern.
- Fill in for the Manager of Outbase Maintenance during any absences or fill in for other management staff as needed.
- Perform other related duties as instructed by the Manager of Outbase Maintenance.
- High school diploma required. Associates degree in a business related discipline preferred.
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in heavy aircraft transport maintenance.
- Ability to clearly communicate (verbal and written) with company, vendor, customer, and agency personnel.
- Ability to type on PC, and moderately proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and E-mail.
- Ability to work and complete projects with no supervision.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to work irregular shifts and hours at a moment’s notice.
- Ability to travel for extended periods
- Successful completion of pre-employment and random drug screen and background check.
- Must hold and maintain a valid US Passport.
- Boeing 757 and 767 General Familiarization Training
- Avionics Training
- Line Maintenance Experience
This job will require the following abilities:
- Near/Far sight acuity
- Depth perception/Field of vision
- Hand/Eye Coordination,
- Oral/Written communication
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.