What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
What you’ll do:
This position is established to ensure Maintenance Training is developed and conducted in accordance with Air Transport International’s Approved Training Program and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) and that safety is the primary operational objective of all company operations.
- Develop, maintain and monitor ATI’s Maintenance Training Program that covers Initial, Recurrent, Transition and Requalification training in collaboration with all departments within Maintenance
- Provide methods for effective and continuing interface between Maintenance/Flight Operations Training and Technical Training such that technical data, operational and troubleshooting procedures are consistent and accurate
- Ensure that the Maintenance Training Program is conducted in accordance with all applicable directives
- Responsible for the ATI Maintenance Training manuals including development, FAA approval and implementation
- Monitor all courses that are presented by Maintenance Instructor(s). Ensure that these courses are technically accurate and comply with the standards prescribed in the FARs and ATI Approved Training Program. Ensure correctness of technical data
- Provide oversight to instructors to ensure that the material presented is up to date and encompasses new equipment and/or modifications
- Conduct and/or provide formal classroom training
- Provide oversight of the Training Program. Review all training schedules and events to ensure proper utilization of available resources
- Conduct audits of maintenance training as directed but in no case less than annually using ATI approved audit checklists
- Determine computer and software requirements to continue to advance the quality of Maintenance Training and provide economic justification where acquisition required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Extensive background in Aircraft Maintenance with an emphasis in Training and Standardization.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in facilitation of aviation training and coursework development.
- Excellent verbal skills with knowledge and demonstrated use of Standard English grammar
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to instruct highly technical data
- Knowledge of aircraft systems, including how the systems operate and the requirements needed to operate those systems
- Excellent computer skills
- A current passport that will allow travel worldwide
PREFERRED JOB SKILLS:
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.