What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
The Systems Acquisitions Specialist liaisons with MROs, aircraft, and component manufactures to obtain technical data while overseeing the Bridging of newly acquired aircraft. They review Requests for Engineering Services, Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, etc. They prepare technical data and procedures for maintenance to use in and out of the bridging process. Primarily involving the aircraft system and structural configuration (Avionics, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, etc.) They must be able to read and understand OEM documents and data; recommend, write, and implement changes to the aircraft. This position also involves direct support from shop, hangar, and line maintenance to troubleshoot and provide corrective actions, including repair or deviation documentation for assigned fleet structure.
- Complete bridging analysis for newly acquired aircraft and their transition into the Company’s Maintenance Program to include but not limited to; Status updates, previous operator records review, generation of Engineering work instructions (Mods, AD, configuration change and repairs/inspections.
- Generate and maintain company engineering orders covering alterations, modifications, and repairs to Company aircraft and/or their components.
- Generate and maintain wiring diagrams, drawings & schematics in support of company engineering orders.
- Answer Engineering Service Requests (ESR) generated from company personnel. Facilitate and act as the point of contact, if inquiries must be made outside the company to complete an ESR. Maintain the ESR Database.
- Work closely with the Reliability Dept. to provide technical support to the Maintenance Department/Company.
- Maintain the company’s computer tracking system for aircraft maintenance.
- Work closely with FAA-Designated Engineering Representatives (DER) for the development of data not previously approved and to obtain FAA approval for all projects not based on previously approved data.
- Coordinate the exchange of information and approved data between the Company and the Aircraft Manufacture, FAA Designated Representatives, and Maintenance Facilities or other outside agencies as needed.
- Conduct and or assist with internal Tech Services Dept. audits for SMS, IEP and or QA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree and 5 years commercial aviation experience or High School Diploma (or equivalent) and 10 years commercial aviation experience (121 operator or similar).
- Must complete a pre-employment drug screen and a background check
- Knowledge of aircraft systems, components, and structures
- Must be able to Read, Write and Interpret Technical Drawings and Documents
- Good communications skills, verbal and written that provides clear and concise instructions for other personnel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capable of working independently / limited supervision and as part of a team
- Valid passport or the ability to obtain one
- Excellent computer skills. Proficient in the following programs: Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint
Preferred Job Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in an aviation related field.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License
- Advanced Computer programs (i.e. AutoCad, Corel, etc…)
- Extensive experience in aircraft Systems and Avionics.
- Employees are regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Sitting at a desk in front of a computer for long periods of time; Light to moderate lifting is required
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Occasionally work in a line or hanger maintenance environment
- Access aircraft using Ladders, Stairs, Manlifts, etc.(heights > 6’)
- Comply with ATI attendance requirements
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc