What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
The Manager Safety Programs and Training coordinates and documents the maintenance and integration of the Safety Management System and Occupational Safety and Health System. throughout the Company. Administers the Safety Reporting System programs used by Air Transport International (ATI) for Event, ASAP, and Safety Feedback reports and Occupational Training. Acts as Company representative on the ASAP Event Review Committee (ERC) for all ASAP and Fatigue programs. Tracks and follows up on Irregularity type Event Reports. Monitors and works with the DSSRC and Safety Analysts, FAA, and Flight Standard to support the FOQA (Flight Operational Safety Analysis) program. Assists with the Company Emergency Response Plan. Conducts (or assist with) incident and accident investigations as assigned. Assists with Safety related manuals from this position’s perspective. Supervises the Aviation Safety Administrator and possibly a Safety Analyst.
- Coordinating the maintenance and integration of Safety Management System throughout the Company
- Facilitating hazard identification and safety risk analysis
- Assist the DSSRC with the preparation of periodic briefings and presentations to various levels of management, FAA, and company personnel.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of safety risk controls
- Promoting Safety throughout the Company
- Establish, conduct, and monitor Safety Management System Training
- Regularly review and report on the Safety Management System performance to the accountable executive
- Assist with new station setups as required
- Perform Station safety and security audits
- Participate in evaluations for Internal Evaluation Program
- Assists in maintaining the currency of all Safety and Security Department manuals
- Conduct (or assist with) incident and accident investigations as assigned
- Assist in Aviation Safety Action Program investigations
- Company Representative on the Event Review Committee (ERC)
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- Microsoft Office Suite familiarization
- 10% Travel
- SMS Training and two Years’ Experience in an Airline or Military SMS Programs
Preferred Job Skills:
- College Degree in Business or Safety, or 3 years’ experience in a regulated airline
- 30 Hour OSHA Training Course
- WBAT, SMS Pro, ProSafeT, or any company developed aviation FAA accepted SMS record keeping programs
- Familiar with ASAP, FOQA and Fatigue Programs
- Familiar with LITMOS, Log Level, Comply 365, Pelasus, or any other training tracking software
- FAA Certification as Commercial Pilot, ATP, A&P, or Flight Attendant
- Employees are regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Comply with ATI attendance requirements
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc