What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
Maintain the airline safety reporting database, analyze, and evaluate statistical trends, and helps identify and correct safety issues. Assists in preparing monthly and quarterly reports and follows up on investigations of safety-related incidents.
Assist with the conduction of audits/Evaluations to ensure regulatory and safety compliance and other duties as directed.
- Evaluate, analyze, and process safety reports submitted to any of the ATI administered Aviation Safety Action Programs (ASAP), mandatory company event reports, and general safety feedback reports.
- Facilitate and participate in multiple ASAP ERC meetings; keeps agendas and meeting minutes.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports and assist with investigations to identify solutions on issues as needed.
- Active research and analysis of trend data in the ATI Safety Program and other industry data and assist in safety investigations.
- Track ASAP related safety recommendations and corrective actions to ensure that follow-up actions have been taken that are effective. Determine if the actions have been effective and if not, make recommendations for additional changes or corrective action.
- Maintain the Company’s safety reporting database and user accesses.
- Provides and articulates information regarding safety of flight issues within ATI. Acts as an information conduit to bring safety of flight issues to the attention of management, new hires, and other safety stakeholders. Assists in the development of the Quarterly Company newsletter,
- Conduct investigations of safety-related incidents, as necessary.
- Maintaining an effective relationship with ATI employees and management that ensures ease of communication related to safety issues.
- Station visits and safety compliance audits
- Additional duties as assigned by the Manager of Safety
- Must be able to work independently and use independent discretion and judgment.
- Detail oriented characteristics with an ability to prioritize multiple objectives in a dynamic environment with constantly shifting priorities.
- Able to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations with a working knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Working knowledge of Safety Management System (SMS).
- Working knowledge of WBAT or ProSafeT software
- Familiarity with Aviation Safety Action Programs (ASAP)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Computer databases.
- Able to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Member of Safety or Audit/Evaluation Association
- 30-Hour OSHA General Industry Safety and Health
- FAA Pilots or Dispatch License or an Airframe & Power plant (A&P) desired
- Experience and/or education in aviation safety investigations with experience or training in Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP)
- Two years of equivalent level Flight Operations, Ground Operations, Maintenance, or Safety experience or Associates degree in Business or Aviation.
Sitting for long periods in front of a computer, lifting 30 lbs., kneeling, crouching, stooping, climbing of stairs or ladders, balancing, reaching, handling, working at a height of 20 feet, exposure to various environmental conditions (Station Observations)
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc