What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
The Manager of Flight Operations Training is responsible to ensure that the flight training provided to ATI’s pilots and other designated groups meet ATI standards for each group. The primary focus will be pilot training.
The MFOT is also responsible to manage ground instructors, Training Scheduling and Record keeping personnel and processes to ensure compliance and conformance with FAA regulations and company policy.
This position requires a high level of business acumen and the ability to maintain and mine data to determine departmental key performance indicators. The MFOT will also be responsible to ensure all training activities are conducted in the most cost effective manner possible while maintaining safe and high quality training.
- Ensure pilot training is scheduled and conducted to meet ATI flight standards with the highest level of safety in mind, while maintaining optimized training program footprints from a cost/benefit perspective.
- Ensure training software, hardware, equipment and classrooms are maintained to a professional standard. Software and presentation programs need to be current and up to date with what is occurring in the Pt 121 airline industry.
- Responsible for oversight of pilot, dispatcher and crew scheduling record keeping. Responsible to maintain and improve processes that support accurate and compliant record keeping. Ensure these processes are documented and maintained in the departmental policy manual.
- Manage ground instructors and training and scheduling personnel effectively including, mentoring, supporting and encouraging each employee to reach their personal goals and meet expectations.
- Responsible to ensure pilot training scheduling is appropriately planned and scheduled in the most cost effective manner, with an emphasis on simulator usage efficiency.
- Responsible to ensure all training program footprints are up to date and continuously improved in concert with the Manager of Standards.
- Measure training data points such as unused simulator time, simulator instructor utilization and consistency on a month to month basis. Strive to improve scheduling practices from an efficiency and cost perspective. Develop key performance indicators for pilot training.
- Work with the Manager of Standards or his designee in revising the Flight Crew Training Manual. Possess strong knowledge of the FCTM and all training programs.
- Ensure ground instructors and flight instructors are staffed appropriately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree required.
- Commercial pilot license
- Minimum of 3 years Pt. 121 airline training experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years Pt. 121 airline training management experience required
- Excellent verbal skills with knowledge and demonstrated use of Standard English grammar. Excellent oral communication skills and ability to instruct highly technical data.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems, including how the systems operate and the requirements needed to operate those systems.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word. Minimum average skill in PPT and Excel
Preferred Job Skills:
- Bachelor Degree
- Air Tranport Pilot’s license, any additional type ratings
- AQP experience
- Employees are regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Comply with ATI attendance requirements
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc