What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
Responsible for researching aircraft parts to determine effectivity and interchangeability with the company’s current aircraft fleet. Responsible for maintaining part effectivity and aircraft configuration in the electronic database (company computer system) and incorporating engineering changes into the aircraft configuration. Responsible for overseeing the technical records for Landing Gear. This includes the following: detail review of records for each assembly to include the life limited components, back to birth records, maintenance history, AD and SB status; verifying proper operating configurations (ETOPS); updating the technical records for landing gear (paper & company computer system). The work is performed using Aircraft and Component manufactures data/manuals; and conducted in accordance FAA and Company policies and procedures as directed by management.
- Under limited supervision, perform research on aircraft components by utilizing the Illustrated Parts Catalogue (IPC), Airworthiness Directives (AD), Service Bulletins (SB), Component Maintenance Manual (CMM) and other technical data to establish effectivity for company aircraft. This is to include back to birth records for Landing gears.
- Responsible for updating the company computer system with current information for all aircraft components (i.e. effectivity, interchangeability, shelf life or life limits, etc.).
- Responsible for verifying and creating component configuration information in the company computer system.
- Responsible for tracking requested changes to component information in the company computer system and maintaining the supporting documents for those changes.
- Coordinates with Engineering, any modifications to the aircraft that will affect the Component effectivity, configuration or limits.
- Coordinates with Quality Control, any AD’s that will affect Component effectivity, configuration or limits.
- Complete bridging analysis for newly acquired aircraft and landing gear, reviewing installed component inventories for inclusion into the company computer system.
- Responds to requests for component technical information/ updates from the maintenance organization.
- Coordinates and liaisons with aircraft and component manufacturers to obtain technical data and required approvals to support the Component data.
- Maintain the status of and provide updates to management about the current status of the landing gear. (installed and off-wing)
- Periodically review the Landing Gear records (paper and computer) for updates and errors.
- Update and prepare the final technical records for landing gear that are leaving the company.
- Complete and or assist in gathering information for reporting requirements for intercompany departments, MFG’s, Vendors & Lessors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must complete a DOT/FAA pre-employment drug screen and a DOT/FAA compliant background check.
- A&P License and 5 years’ experience with a 121 Airline in a related field (i.e. Maintenance, Engineering, Reliability, Materials, Planning or similar) or 10 years’ experience with a 121 Airline in a related field or a Bachelor Degree in an Aviation related field.
- Working Knowledge of aircraft systems, component (I.e. Landing Gear) and structures and related Technical Records.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand technical documents (i.e. IPC’s, AD’s, SB’s, MPD, MRB, Back to Birth records, Engineering Orders)
- Knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Knowledge of Records filing and Database research.
- Be able to work with limited supervision.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good Organization skills.
- Basic Computer Operating Skills and familiarity with Microsoft office software
.Preferred Job Skills:
- Associate Degree or higher in aviation related field.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License
- Technical writing ability for clear and concise instructions.
- Effective Time Management Skills.
- Employees are regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Comply with ATI attendance requirements
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc