What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
The Manager of Engineering supervises the Engineering Department, to include the Systems, Powerplant and Structures Engineers; Component Research and Effectivity Controller and Contractors. Manages reviews, assigns and oversees projects within the department. Acts as a liaison between internal and external customers’ requests for assistance and the department. Works with the Director of Tech Services to set goals and objectives, as well as monitor the SMS processes within the department.
- Supervise and lead the Engineering department, including employees, supplies, and equipment.
- Hire and mentor department staff, including writing performance reviews, solving internal issues and conducting or coordinating training.
- Manage Engineering Service Requests (ESR) generated from company personnel. Assign priority to the ESR and personnel to complete the ESR. Maintain ESR statuses and the ESR Database.
- Coordinate the exchange of information and approved data between the Company and the Aircraft Manufacture, FAA Designated Representatives, Contractors, Maintenance Facilities and/or other outside agencies as needed.
- Work closely with the Reliability Dept. to provide technical support to the Maintenance Department/Company.
- Work closely with FAA-Designated Engineering Representatives (DER) for the development of data not previously approved and to obtain FAA approval for all projects not based on previously approved data.
- Coordinate with Company Materials Dept. to order any kits or parts needed to complete company FCD’s and/ or EO’s.
- Coordinate with the MX Planning Dept. to schedule and complete company FCD’s and/ or EO’s.
- Coordinate with the Tech Pubs Dept. and outside agencies any technical manual updates that are required.
- Assist Operations and Maintenance with special projects, such as additional program approvals and new aircraft certification, as required.
- Generate & maintain technical documentation (i.e. EO’s, WDM’s, SAMM, etc…) as needed for company aircraft, engines and their components.
- Review all technical documents generated by the Engineering Dept. for completeness, accuracy and adherence to company guidance and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain the company’s computer tracking software for aircraft maintenance, to include but not limited to: modifications, alterations and repairs.
- Draft proposals and reports for projects and confer with higher levels of management.
- Conduct and or assist with internal Tech Services Dept. audits for SMS, IEP and or QA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an aviation related field or 8 years of Airline supervisor / management experience.
- Minimum 8 years combined Airline, MRO or OEM engineering experience.
- Be capable of working independently, with limited supervision and/or as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, effectively communicate with all levels of employees, management and customers.
- Effective time management, project management and team building skills.
- Planning & organizational skills necessary to prioritize assign and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a dynamic project setting.
- Basic Computer Operating Skills & familiarity with Microsoft office software products and similar.
- Knowledge of aircraft structures, systems and components.
- Must be able to Read, Write and Interpret Technical Drawings and Documents
Preferred Job Skills:
- Advanced Degree and/or formal training in business or area of Engineering specialization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License
- Advanced software training / proficiency (i.e. AutoCad or similar computer software)
- Sitting at a desk in front of a computer for long periods of time
- Occasionally work in a line or hanger maintenance environment
- Access aircraft using Ladders, Stairs, Manlifts, etc…(heights > 6’)
- Occasional lifting of boxes and heavy manuals
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc