What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
Crew Scheduling establishes crew coverage for all flight assignments in accordance with applicable FARs, specific qualifications, customer and business requests, and within the guidelines established by two collective bargaining agreements. The objective of Crew Scheduling is to provide efficient, 24/7, operational coverage, timely communication, compliance documentation to crewmembers and internal departments. The Crew Scheduling department is a critical function of the ATI operations system and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Refine and implement the short and middle range crew schedule of ATI aircraft. Maintain positive communication with crews of all schedule changes. Minimize costs on crew movements and overtime pay with efficient crew utilization decisions.
- Ensure compliance of applicable FAR(s) and the two collective bargaining agreements are followed in all crew scheduling practices as they apply to ATI.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate documentation regarding crew schedules, legalities, collective bargaining agreement compliance, and internal processes.
- Maximize crew capacity and proactively plan for coverage changes due to unforeseen circumstances. Develop multiple recovery options to ensure best decisions are made during irregular operations and assist with recovery implementation. Escalate relevant issues to Senior Crew Schedulers and/or management in real time.
- Coordinate with internal departments that affect all crew scheduling assignments. Not limited to Crew Planning, Travel, Maintenance, System Control, Flight Following, Finance, and Training.
- Communicate all operational and crew related issues to Senior Crew Schedulers, Manager of Crew Scheduling, Chief Pilot, and Director of Operations.
- Establish a positive baseline relationship with the flight crews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or High School Diploma (equivalent) with relevant work experience
- Previous experience in a fast paced, dynamic work environment. One (1) year scheduling experience or related experience in aviation, customer service or completion of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must have strong attention to detail, exceptional multitasking ability and must be capable of
- working independently with little direction. Must have the desire to see projects through completion.
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and make decisions with multiple competing variables and priorities.
- Must have sound judgment, financial acumen, analytical aptitude, and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess confidence and maturity to support the needs of the operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate professionally and affectively with crewmembers and internal departments regarding crew assignments and compliance related issues.
- Strong customer service and team focus with the ability to defuse stressful situations.
- General understanding of global time zones and world geography. Ability to calculate time accumulation and convert between multiple time zones.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers, keyboards, telephones, copiers, faxes, and printers.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and the ability to learn aviation specific software.
- Ability to comply with all company and department policy and procedures.
- Ability to work in the OCC environment and process complex information. Must have the desire and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, or Aviation related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in an aviation related field or scheduling environment.
- Experience applying federal regulations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Familiarity with aircraft performance, aviation weather, flight planning, and airport operations.
- Ability to stand, bend, and reach in order to maintain files. Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time and operate a keyboard/mouse. Ability to hear and respond to requests in an open office setting that can become noisy at times.
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Comply with ATI attendance requirements. The Crew Scheduling department is a critical function of the ATI operations system and operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc