What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
This position is responsible for performing, coordinating, and overseeing aircraft ground services in accordance with the Company’s Aircraft Ground Services Manual, HAZMAT Manual, and other documents pertaining to loadmaster duties and responsibilities.
- Verifies eligibility of cargo offered for airlift
- Determines quantity type, and size of cargo loaded according to aircraft limitations
- Cargo and baggage buildup, breakdown, and tie-down
- Preplans, computes, and ensures cargo is loaded according to load plan
- Ensures all cargo documentation, packaging, labeling, and marketing requirements have been met
- Checks cargo against manifests, and annotates overage, shortage, or damage
- Determines and implements necessary safety and security precautions involving aircraft
- Calculates and secures cargo with appropriate restraints devices and equipment
- Supervises and conducts aircraft loading and offloading
- Monitors cargo restraint and cargo environmental systems in-flight
- Hazardous materials acceptance, loading, stowage, handling, and pilot notification
- Import, export, and other government agency documentation
- Customs, immigration, and other government agency requirements for international flights
- Aircraft and equipment cleaning and disinfecting when transporting live animals
- Ground security for aircraft, passengers, baggage, and cargo
- Safety briefings for supernumeraries
- In-flight liaison for supernumeraries and Captain
- Performs other administrative and operational duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years of civilian or military loadmaster experience OR five (5) years’ experience loading commercial aircraft, preferably in a supervisor or lead position
- Clearly and effectively communicate with Company, vendor, customer, and agency personnel, both verbally and writing
- Successfully complete and maintain pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Type using a computer keyboard and moderately proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and E-mail
- Work and complete projects with minimal supervision
- Move over and around cargo while performing loadmaster duties
- Work beyond a normal 8-hour work day
- Travel at a moment’s notice
- Provide copies of previous loadmaster training records (if able)
- Certified in weight and balance or load planning preferred
- Certified in acceptance, loading, stowage, and handling of Hazardous Materials preferred
- Employees are regularly required to, stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Comply with ATI attendance requirements
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc