What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. ATI is an FAR Part 121 charter airline headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
The Powerplant Engineering position is responsible for overseeing the company’s Engines and APU’s. This includes the following: keeping tracking of all installed Engines; arranging for spares with vendors/ lessors; Auditing Engine Records to include the life limited components and maintenance history; Reviewing AD’s and SB’s; verifying proper operating configurations (ETOPS); updating the engine records (paper & company computer system) coordinating the off-wing movement and lease return of Engines. Setting up and monitoring Engine Health Monitoring programs. Liaison with Engine Manufactures and Vendors to accomplish the above.
- Maintains oversight of all on-wing and off-wing engines and APU’s.
- Provides updates to management about the current status of the engines / APU’s.
- Coordinate with Lessor’s on obtaining and returning leased engines & spares.
- Research trace engine documents (i.e. back to birth, SB, AD ) as needed.
- Update the Engine Records as required (paper and electronic).
- Administer the Engine Program in the company computer system (includes install and removal process, Task Requirements and Time Controls).
- Periodically audit the engine records (paper and electronic) for updates and errors.
- Coordinates with contracted vendor services to oversee the Engine Health Monitoring (EHM) Program.
- Administers and oversees the APU Health Monitoring program.
- Identifies and reports on trends that require troubleshooting as observed by the EHM & AHM Programs.
- Administers and oversees the Rolls Royce Profile Monitoring program.
- Oversee and audit the ETOPS Oil Usage program.
- Perform, oversee Engine Receiving processes.
- Perform Borescope Inspections.
- Administer the engine preservation program.
- Track parts canned from off-wing Engines and parts needed by vendors during engine shop visits.
- Complete reporting requirements for MFG’s, Vendors & Lessors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant license.
- 3 years turbine engine maintenance experience (121 Airline operating environment).
- Associate Degree in an Aviation Related Field.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Aircraft systems and structures knowledge.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Knowledge of Records filing and Database research.
- Capable of working independently.
- Basic Computer Operating Skills and familiarity with Microsoft office software.
- Must be able to stand, kneel, bend, and climb ladders in order to access various areas of an engine (installed or on a work stand) Use a basic set of mechanics tools. Lift and Move up to 30 lbs. Ability to sit and work at a desk in front of a computer.
Preferred Job Skills:
- Bachelor or higher degree in aviation related field.
- Technical writing ability for clear and concise instructions.
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc